Lighting – Power Distribution – Fire Alarm
In building design, life safety and occupant comfort are of primary concern. The impact of proper electrical design on these two criteria is significant from proper lighting for visual comfort and safety, to safe and reliable power distribution, to robust communications and technology systems. All are necessary for occupant comfort and safety. These systems must be designed with budget and maintainability in mind, while also conforming to the multitude of codes and regulations.
Tower Engineering’s approach to electrical systems design includes a thorough investigation of the needs of the owner, an analysis of the codes, regulations and utility requirements, and coordination with other architectural and engineering designers. Coordination with other people is crucial since electrical systems interface with systems designed by architects, HVAC engineers, plumbing engineers, food service designs and many other trades.
Our electrical engineering expertise ranges from the design of simple power and lighting systems to complex computer power, emergency power, and technology systems. Since the electrical systems and equipment available vary with regard to first-cost, life-cycle cost, redundancy, and maintainability, we strive to work with each client to determine how each of these factors applies to their unique situation.
Our design capabilities include:
- Interior and exterior lighting design and studies
- Lighting controls
- Building power distribution systems
- Medium voltage distribution systems
- Power distribution for data center applications
- Switchgear and distribution system upgrade/replacement
- Fire detection and alarm systems
- Uninterruptible power supply and generator systems
- Lightning protection systems
- Power system studies
- Arc flash studies and labeling
- Facility assessments
- Constructability reviews
- Building commissioning services